1/1

Basildon Borough History

Basildon Borough History

  • Twitter
  • Instagram

Basildon, Essex, England

Est. 2015

Great Chalvedon Hall is on Tyefields in Pitsea, near where the road meets Rectory Road.

 

The hall is Grade II listed and is described as 'an early 16th Century timber-framed and plastered house'.

 

Maps of 1888 show the hall being surrounded by fields with an entrance from Rectory Road, which then ran through to Burnt Mills.

 

Basildon Council purchased the Hall during 1977 and it was converted  to a pub in 1979.  There is now a large car park beside the hall and a nice pond next to it.  Houses along Kenneth Road, leading to Bowers & Pitsea F.C. back on to the land the hall stands on.

​The plaster along one wall is starting to fall away.  The hall had suffered from vandalism in recent years which had also damaged the outside walls.

1/6
This site was designed with the
.com
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now